Looking for a Service Coordinator, but unsure where to start because you don’t know what the job truly entails? Do you have a Service Coordinator, but do not know what responsibilities (s)he should have? Here is a comprehensive list of things to keep in mind when hiring or appointing a Service Coordinator:
- Stage equipment for service techs throughout the day.
- Prepare the triage process for both morning and afternoon.
- Check in equipment, and tag with red ribbon.
- Load and unload the equipment your customers are picking up or dropping off for the day.
- Keep equipment staging areas organized.
- Thoroughly clean equipment before bringing into the service department (You can do this at either the red or blue stage).
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Treat management and other employees with respect, and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Uphold company values by working with integrity.
- Perform related responsibilities/accountabilities as required or directed.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage your team members to meet their goals by beginning each workday with a positive attitude.
- Work to develop a sense of “team” in the service department and across other departments.
- Load and unload customer equipment as needed.
- Continually stage equipment for techs to help improve their efficiency.
- Clean equipment before bringing it into the service department. Your goal is to “wow” customers with the cleanliness of their equipment.
- Sharpen blades and fix tires as needed by the service department.
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area. Assist in keeping the entire shop clean and orderly.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- To help improve customer satisfaction and the profitability of the service department, respond promptly to team members’ needs.
Weekly Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with Service Manager to discuss the upcoming week, and any changes in priority.
- Inspect, clean, and maintain all equipment used.
- Report any hazards or faulty equipment to the Service Manager.
- Discuss any areas for improvement or changes in the processes with the Service Manager.
Dealer Development Team