The hiring process can feel like a lengthy process, but now you are ready to sit down and interview those who have answered your ads! So, what are you going to ask them? In addition to job skill, what is it that you need them to bring to the job? Is it a good attitude, a relatable personality, or the ability to stay highly focused with excellent follow through? Take time to write out the questions you will be asking and then use those same questions with each applicant. This will allow you to better compare one applicant to the next. Don’t forget to take notes throughout the interview!
Here is a list of possible questions that might help you work through these interviews and get someone hired!
1. From everything you know about this position, and our company, how do you think you can contribute to our team?
2. What motivates you in your work place?
3. What is one thing in your career that you have accomplished that made you proud?
4. If you are hired, how will you make our business better?
5. If you were hired here, what award would you expect to receive at the end of the year?
6. What would you spend your time doing if you didn’t have to work?
7. Why do you want to work with our company?
8. What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness?
9. How good are you at improvising and thinking on your feet? Give me an example of how you have done this in the past.
10. If we were to hire you, what attitude would you bring to our company?
Whether you use one or ten of these questions, plus some of your own, the answers you hear will help you better understand the people you interview. And don’t forget to have prospective employees complete a standard employment application that includes their job history. The hiring process deserves your time and effort. The questions you ask are key to finding out if the person you are interviewing will be a good fit for you and your business.”
Dealer Development Team